So while things have been fantastic with Le Tour de Kale, I also am starting to feel more anxiety around the upcoming harvest. We’re not very far away. Monsieur Vincennes should have kale ready by early September just in time for la rentrée! Sounds pretty great to me. We come back to Paris, ready for the new year and voilà, kale.
I know I am excited. I know you’re excited. I know that people who live in America are excited for us (“us” as in us in Paris who will have kale again!)
Since Monsieur Vincennes will most likely have more volume than Madame Mustard and his market on Tuesdays and Fridays is further outside Paris than most of you would like to travel, I want to propose an idea.
#KaleWanted – The Kale Project’s kale subscription service.
Set-up similar to a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) in the States, one day a week, I will bring Monsieur Vincennes’ kale to the people. If you sign-up for #KaleWanted, you will be able to pick-up your kale from a few various locations in Paris. I think it will also be a great way for those in Paris who also want to help The Kale Project movement to meet each other and share recipes and their love of kale.
A few key pieces of information:
- You can order as much kale as you want per week. (Price per bunch TBD but I’m assuming around 5-6€; chats with Madame M. & Monsieur V. to happen next week).
- I am not sure how many weeks the first harvest will last. We may have kale for two weeks or six weeks. Don’t worry, more seeds will be planted in September.
- The more people that sign-up, the better #KaleWanted will work.
- I hope to have 2-3 drop-off points in Paris, please let me know if you’re interested. I will supply cooler/ice and will identify who will pick-up at your location throughout the day.
- Payment will be done via PayPal at a later date.