For today’s Kale Monday, Lauren from The Holy Kale, has offered one of her fave kale recipes and it includes Goji berries! Goji berries are more common in the States but here in France, there is a special stand at the bio markets devoted to them and they have a special “education” section in the co-ops. Another superfood full of antioxidants and amino acids to add to the Queen of greens.
Tahini, Goji Berry Kale Salad with Bhutanese Black Rice
1 bunch of kale, chopped thin
1 ½ cup of Bhutanese Black Rice, cooked
1 oz (28 grams) Goji Berry
4 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons Tahini, raw
1 teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoon Nama Shoyu or Tamari
1 teaspoon Miso, organic
1 teaspoon Honey, raw
1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
½ teaspoon Sea Salt, unheated
¼ teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Thyme
1. Place washed kale in a large bowl and add lemon juice. Massage thoroughly until it has reduced in size significantly and is soft. (KALE MASSAGE TIME!)
2. In a blender or food processor add ingredients for the dressing. Blend until creamy.
3. Add dressing to the kale. Massage together until the kale is fully dressed.
4. Add goji berries and pumpkin seeds to kale. Mix. Season with extra sea salt if need be.
5. Serve kale on top of warm rice.