Sharon from The Book of Kale is sharing the recipe below. Enjoy, let us know what you think and check out her cookbook, The Book of Kale.
Kale & Goats with Bows
6 large garlic cloves, peeled
2-3 small shallots, peeled
8 cups of kale leaves, packed
12 oz bow tie pasta (farfalle)
8 oz soft goat’s cheese (plus extra for topping if you want)
3 Tbsp pine nuts
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt & Pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the garlic and shallots and boil gently for 4 minutes.
2. Add kale leaves and boil for another minute. Make sure the kale leaves stay bright green.
3. Using a slotted spoon, remove kale to a colander. Scoop out the garlic and shallots to a food processor.
4. Leave pot with water at a boil and drop in pasta.
5. While pasta is cooking, squeeze excess moisture from kale. Add to food processor along with the goat cheese, pine nuts, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Process while slowly adding olive oil until creamy.
6. When pasta is cooked, drain and add cheese/kale mixture. Sprinkle with extra goat’s cheese and fresh thyme (if you have them).