Greens & Beans is not a revolutionary recipe, but sometimes I do forget about the dish and once I remember, I make it at least once a week. And now that the weather is changing and we’re heading into hibernation mode, this simple dish is hearty and warm – perfect for the damp, cold evenings in Paris.
Pair with brown rice, quinoa or even a fresh baguette and some great cheese for an easy but delicious meal.
Greens & Beans
1 bunch of kale
3 cloves of garlic (depends on how garlicky you want it to be)
1 can of canellini beans
Salt, pepper, chili flakes, Umeboshi vinegar (optional, but it’s Hannah’s special touch)
1. Clean and cut the kale, rinse thoroughly. You don’t have to de-stem kale for this dish.
2. Slice fresh garlic, sauté in olive oil in a large pot or frying pan with depth.
3. Once the garlic is golden, drop in the kale and add 1/2 cup of water.
4. Rinse a can of canellini beans, once kale is softened, toss the beans in the pot/pan.
5. Using thongs, toss the kale and add black pepper, chili flakes and a pinch of salt. Finish with a few splashes of Umeboshi vinegar.